As part of our efforts to assist Japanese local governments with their internationalisation activities, we engage in a raft of support activities ranging from planning/logistics to tangible on-the-ground assistance.
Outline of main support activities
Support for Japanese local government activities in Australia and New Zealand
- Preliminary arrangements / exhibitions for regional tourism promotion and local product promotion.
- Information gathering and research for local product expansion plans in the Australian and New Zealand market.
- Research on Australian and New Zealand best practice policies related to regional development and promotion.
- Participation and assistance with Sister City Exchange events such as jubilee celebrations, national and international conferences.
Examples of CLAIR Sydney’s support services in 2012
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government (Carbon pricing research)
- Nagoya City Elementary School (Education system research)
- Taito Ward, Tokyo (Sister City exchange support)
- Ota City, Gunma (Sister City research).
- Toyama Prefecture (Interpreting support service for tourism promotion)
- Nagoya City (Sister City exchange support).
- Nagoya City High School (Exchange student support).
- Wakayama Prefecture (Economic exchange support).
- Ide, Kyoto (Sister Schools support).
- Hiroshima University (Education system research).
- Okinawa Prefecture (Prefectural Assembly member visit logistics).